fr24news– The story surrounding the first two Premier League kicks off on Wednesday night is as much about the players who are not involved as those who make the starting four-eleven.
Gameweek 26’s most purchased player is one of the most notable absentees: Harvey Barnes (£ 6.9million) was transferred by more than a million Fantasy Premier League managers ahead of Saturday’s deadline, but has now been sidelined for around six weeks after undergoing knee surgery.
His club, Leicester City, is also without James Maddison (£ 7.3m) and Jonny Evans (£ 5.5million), among other things, for their clash with a Burnley side who are no strangers to an injury crisis.
In the other game, Aston Villa continues to be without Jack Grealish (£ 7.6million) for their trip to Sheffield United.
Evans and Barnes are among three Leicester players leaving at the weekend, with Luke Thomas (£ 4.2million) also dropping out.
Nampalys Mendy (4,2 M £), Daniel Amartey (£ 3.9 million) and Hamza Choudhury (£ 4.7million) are recalled as Brendan Rodgers sacrifices some breadth to flood the midfielder.
For the Clarets, Chris Wood (£ 6.2million) returns to the host list and replaces Jay Rodriguez (£ 5.8million) at the top.
In Bramall Lane, FPL budget ahead Rhian Brewster (£ 4.4million) starts in place of Oli McBurnie (£ 5.6million) in Chris Wilder’s edit alone.
Dean Smith sticks to the same starting XI that started the 1-0 win over Leeds, with Ross Barkley (£ 5.9million) once again only among the replacements.
Burnley XI: Pape, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Brownhill, Westwood, Cork, McNeil, Vydra, Wood.
Leicester City XI: Schmeichel, Castagne, Amartey, Soyuncu, Ricardo Pereira, Tielemans, Mendy, Ndidi, Choudhury, Iheanacho, Vardy.
Sheffield United XI: Ramsdale, Ampadu, Jagielka, Bryan, Baldock, Lundstram, Norwood, Fleck, Stevens, McGoldrick, Brewster.
Aston Villa XI: Martinez, Elmohamady, Konsa, Mings, Targett, McGinn, Nakamba, Ramsey, Traoré, Watkins, El Ghazi.
Join us now to get the following:
- Track your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Access over 150 member exclusive items throughout the season.
- Analyze our OPTA-based statistics tables specially designed for Fantasy Football managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to create custom stat tables from over 100 stats of OPTA players and teams.
- Take advantage of our brand new Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heat maps and expected goal data for each player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyze players head to head.