French NewsLatest Update

Houston’s mother and boyfriend “lived with their son’s corpse and locked the surviving boys in the same room” – .

fr24news– The Houston House of Horrors mother and boyfriend lived in the apartment with the decaying remains of the woman’s eight-year-old son for months and kept her three surviving siblings locked in the room with the corpse of the child, we learned in court on Monday. .

Gloria Williams, 35, appeared before a judge and a defense lawyer was appointed to represent her.

Judge Kelli Johnson said Williams’ current bail totaling $ 900,000 was insufficient for the charges against her, including injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence, resulting from the death of his son Kendrick Lee in November 2020.

Williams’ boyfriend Brain Coulter, 31, is charged with murder for punching and kicking the eight-year-old autistic child to death, then letting his body rot in the Houston apartment at the alongside his brothers, aged 15, 10 and 7. He is being held on $ 1 million bail.

Scroll down for video

Gloria Williams, 35, appeared in Houston court on Monday and was assigned a lawyer to represent her as she faces charges related to the murder of her 8-year-old son.

Judge said Williams’ current bail totaling $ 900,000 was insufficient for charges against her: injuring a child by omission and tampering with evidence


November 20-23, 2020Brian Coulter allegedly beat eight-year-old Kendrick Lee to death in Houston CityParc II apartment

23 november: Coulter Arrested In Luling, Texas, Spends Six Days In Jail After Being Found Drunk And Possessing A Gun At A Convenience Store

29 november: Coulter is released on bail; the gun possession case against him is still pending

Mars 2021: Coulter and Gloria Williams, Kendrick’s mother, leave CityParc II apartment, leaving her three sons to live alone with Kendrick’s skeletal remains

October 2020: Coulter allegedly attacked Williams’ 10-year-old son, breaking his jaw; the boy receives no medical attention

24 october: Williams’ 15-year-old son texts his mother that he can’t do it anymore and calls 911 to report his brother’s death; the police arrive to find the corpse in a filthy apartment

24 october Evening: MPs question Coulter and Williams, but let them go without charge

October 26: Harris County Medical Examiner’s Office Says Kendrick Lee’s Death Homicide, Arresting Coulter and Williams; her boyfriend is charged with murder, while his girlfriend is charged with injuring a child by omission and tampering with evidence

October 27: Judge sets Coulter’s bond at $ 1 million, Williams’ bond at $ 900,000

October 28: Coulter makes his first court appearance, accepts bail terms

November, 1st: Williams Appears In Court, Is Summoned To Attorney

Williams’ new attorney has asked the judge for more time to review the case before considering increasing his bail amount, KTRK reported.

During Monday’s hearing, prosecutors claimed Williams and Coulter lived in the apartment at the CityParc II complex with Kendrick’s corpse until their move in March, leaving the woman’s three sons unattended. ‘an adult.

The children alleged they were locked in a room with Kendrick’s decaying remains, even though Coulter and Williams were still living with them.

Williams allegedly had groceries delivered to the apartment once a month and paid the apartment rent to prevent Kendrick’s body from being discovered.

Williams is due to return to court later this week to discuss his link, KPRC reported.

In a prison interview with KHOU11 last week, Williams said she was “sorry” but denied knowing Kendrick was dead, although, according to a probable cause statement that has already been read in court, the mother reportedly admitted to investigators that she was aware the child had died, but she was afraid to report it to the police.

Kendrick’s body was left to rot under a blue blanket in a bug-infested room, in full view of his brothers, for nearly a year, while Williams and Coulter moved to another apartment, leaving the children fend for themselves, according to the police.

When asked why she left her sons – one of whom was seriously injured after being allegedly punched in the face by Coulter – Williams replied, “I checked them every two weeks. “

The children were rescued by sheriff’s deputies on Sunday, after Williams’ 15-year-old son called 911. The three boys were described as malnourished, having been forced to subsist for months on snacks provided by their mother and food donations from worried neighbors.

Earlier, the grandmother of one of Williams’ daughters described the woman as “very unstable” and accused her of failing to protect her children.

Authorities last Wednesday alleged Coulter punched and kicked Kendrick around Thanksgiving Day last year, and Williams refused to report him to police, saying she feared that her children are taken away and she ends up in prison.

Coulter and Williams were arrested a week ago at a public library, where they allegedly searched online for articles on their own case.

In Williams’ previous court appearance, a prosecutor read aloud a probable cause statement, which revealed that three of the mother’s surviving children witnessed their brother’s fatal beating.

The children claimed Coulter punched the eight-year-old with closed fists and kicked him in the face, feet, back, testicles and buttocks.

Williams’ son, 7, told MPs Coulter continued to kick Kendrick, who was lying on the floor and not moving, while watching the younger brother who was in the room.

After Kendrick’s eyes turned black and he stopped blinking, Coulter covered him with a blue blanket, the prosecutor said.

When Williams entered the bedroom to check on her son’s condition and saw that he was dead, she began to cry and fight with Coulter.

Her 15-year-old son told investigators he thought his mother would call the police on Coulter, but “she never did.” She then left the apartment, leaving her surviving children with their brother’s rotting corpse and without adult supervision.

Brian Coulter, 31, has been charged with murder. Williams is his girlfriend and the victim’s mother

Law enforcement found Williams’ three surviving sons, aged 15, 10 and 7, living alone with their brother’s corpse in the CityParc II apartment complex in Houston

William’s 10-year-old son told investigators that when Williams came to the apartment at a later date and lifted Kendrick’s blanket, she discovered that “his body, feet and teeth were sore. were turned into a skeleton ‘and that’ his hair was off. ‘ His rotting corpse was said to have been covered in cockroaches.

The 10-year-old also claimed Coulter would beat him as well, hitting him in the face, stomach, buttocks and legs, and had broken his jaw three weeks ago.

When police arrived at the apartment on Sunday, they found the child with a swollen jaw. At the hospital the next day, the boy said his mother “knew about the injury but did not seek or obtain medical treatment for him,” the prosecutor said.

Authorities have said the 10-year-old will need surgery to treat his facial fracture.

When questioned by detectives, Williams claimed that when she entered the bedroom around Thanksgiving 2020 and found Coulter beating her son Kendrick, she stopped the attack.

Coulter was arrested by police last week. He is accused of kicking and punching Kendrick to death and injuring the boy’s younger brother

Williams reportedly said she did not report her son’s death because she was afraid

After finding out the next day that Kendrick was dead, Williams claimed that she confronted her boyfriend, who “said he was sorry, that he had lost him and hit him, and kept on hitting him. knock until he falls asleep ”.

Williams reportedly told investigators that she knew her son had died a year ago, but she did not go to the police because Coulter told her not to, and also because she had afraid that her children would be taken away and that she would go to jail. . ‘

The children lived in appalling conditions for months as they waited for their mother to call authorities to report that their brother had been beaten to death and left to rot. Investigators say the mother never made the call and the surviving eldest son, a 15-year-old, finally overcame his “absolute fear” and called authorities on Sunday.

Just before contacting the authorities, he allegedly texted his mother, telling her he couldn’t take it anymore.

Related Articles

Back to top button